Friday 19 April 2013

Stockholm Spring Cushions

 
 
 
 

Even for something so simple as a cushion cover I needed the inspiration from Jane Foster's tutorial "How to make an IKEA cushion cover". I like the simplicity of the video and it just made me feel that I could make some covers myself! I added a top stitch all around the cushions to give it a little extra touch. And while you're at it, take a look around Jane Foster's blog and look at all the beautiful, colourful, happy-making things she makes!

Of course it doesn't have to be with fabric from IKEA, although these ones I made are! Don't you just love these strong bright greens of the Stockholm Ormbunke/Grön? I definitely do! After the long, white and grey winters here in Sweden, I always feel a craze for GREEN at this time of the year, before the leaves come out! 
 

3 comments:

  1. Gosh you really do have a wonderfully soft, plump, wlecoming pair of cushions there Miss Pelicano you're right... (sigh)

    ReplyDelete